• In our centre, treatment is done using small focused Wolf – Piezolith 3000 stone breaking equipment.
• The success ratio in urinary system (kidneys, urinary bladder, urinary tract) is between 95 – 98%.
• By focusing the shock waves to a small area (3-6 mm) (small focused equipment), the tissues surrounding the stone are not damaged, the patient feels much less pain and most importantly it can be used safely in babies and child patients.
• By using ultrasonography and scopy for imaging the stone and focusing, the X-ray using period is minimised. When necessary, the stones focused with X-rays can be followed-up simultaneously with ultrasonography during treatment.
• By using ultrasonography, the stones which are not visible by x-rays (non-opaque) can be successfully treated.
• The treatment is usually painless. Anesthesia is very rarely necessary in adults. For children below 4 years old anesthesia is usually preferred.
|Energy||0,1 – 1,8 mJ/mm2|
|Power Range||20 intervals|
|Focus volume||0,075 cm3|
|Penetration depth||0 – 15 cm|
|Peak Angle||80 degrees|
|Noise level||72 dB|